Tuesday, August 23, 2005

*singing* Tag Team back again.....

Good tags everybody - +5 for all. Here's my list of the top ten songs that I am currently listening to. (please note that the songs are slightly *ahem* skewed at this time.)

1. Time is Running Out - Muse (Absolution)
This song is seriously quite good. Despite the fact that Muse is popular and most of my friends are anti-them, I have to come clean and confess that I adore this song.

2. The Ballroom of Romance - Chris De Burgh (Into the Light)
My 80's guilty pleasure. I don't have to justify myself to anyone.

3. Life on Mars? - David Bowie (Several albums including the Life Aquatic Soundtrack)
David Bowie is just absolutely amazing. No matter how many times I hear this song it still makes something in my heart twinge (in a good way). That probably explains why I just keep listening to it and it will NEVER get old.

4. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine (Garden State Soundtrack)
For those of you who didn't know I&W before the recent movie soundtrack stint, this song is also on an M&M's commercial. Peace + Achy + Tears + Honey = This song.

5. The State I Am In - Belle and Sebastian (Tigermilk)
I refuse to explain it.

6. This Year's Love - David Gray (White Ladder)
Are we sensing a theme? The best feature of the song is the piano - again, it should be completely monotonous but instead seems to mold itself to your heart beat and instead becomes soothing -- the same principle behind continually rocking a baby.

7. Mr. Brightside - The Killers (Hot Fuss)
Am I pissed off about a crappy situation?- Yes. Am I tormented and just need a second to vent?- Yes. Am I better than every other song of this genre because I offer a semi-hopeful outlook on the future and a much better beat?- Yes and Yes.

8. Left and Leaving
8.5 Pamphleteer - The Weakerthans (Left and Leaving)
In my housesitting adventures the absolutely best part is being able to raid other computers and build my music library. I heard The Weakerthans about a week ago and immediately bought their cd's. These two songs are the ones that have impacted me the most so far.

9. Amanda - the way it is (It's Somebody's Fault, But Not Mine)
I have been uncommonly blessed with songs written about me... I am such a STAR! This one is my favorite due to its wonderful sappy sweetness. I'm also digging the idea of Min Amanda Var Fra Kerteminde - but since itunes music stores are country specific the music of Denmark is currently unavailable for download.

10. A Pretty Girl is Like...
10. Come Back From San Francisco
10. Reno Dakota - The Magnetic Fields (69 Love Songs Vol. 1-3)
There are 3 cd's and all of them are wonderful. I'm counting them as number 10 because I constantly listen to the band... these are my 3 faves though.


duck..... duck...... duck....... GOOSE!!!

I tag Niki and Shauna...

10 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

i. love. iron. and. wine.

and when i lived with coleen, she had the magnetic fields . . . they were pretty fun!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

i just hate that he sold out to corporate america. stupid m&m commercials. at least it's his worst song. i'd've died if he'd sold out with naked as we came or jesus the mexican boy. or waiting for superman for that matter. or rooster moans. or teeth in the grass.

crap. i'll just stick with i'm glad he sold out with such great heights.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

i haven't seen the m&m commercial . . . but maybe he'll make more money now and get more famouser and then be able to tour over here in the nw so we can go to a show!



yes, i said more famouser.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

oh man, i would NOT miss it if the fabulous sam beam came here. no way, no how.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

he'll be at the roseland on friday october 21st...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Holy Crap Rebecca - thanks for the heads up. It took me a while, but advance tickets are on sale at this place.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger breanna said...

I for one am DROOLY over the knowledge that i will be at the show. October 21st you blessed day of all days.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

pray that someone i live with will be gracious about me going. (seriously)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger tabitha jane said...

when i found he was coming i told jon and he said "i don't care"


i'm totally going without him! jerk.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

yeah, i was all "oh my cow! guess what we're doing on the 21st of october!!" and he was all (sneer).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home