Friday, March 17, 2006

Pass the Pills Please

So, I've practically decided that all of the issues that have cumulated in my life - that have left me with all of the baggage that I carry around now - cannot be resolved on my own. I mean, think about it. There are things that I've been trying to get over, but really instead all I've done is supress them until the next rotten thing happens and then I just add the new baggage to my list. I really really REALLY wish I was making enough money to afford a shrink because now I'm so used to the situations that I can't think of anything new or helpful about them.


So, even though OBVIOUSLY I'm not actually downing all of the aforepictured medications - I really want to be able to seek out new ways of dealing and healing all of my past wounds. Since I can't afford a shrink I've been asking a few friends of some other ways to help me. I really want to be able to heal spiritually as well - it's so difficult to reconcile faith after the fact, so I do want everything to be spiritually based. Does anyone have any ideas or any relate-able experiences? I know that it might be a touchy issue - and I'm not asking for any confessions - I really just want to be able to be happy and joyful in my life and I feel like these past experiences are weighing me down.

Help?

5 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger James T Wood said...

Just some thoughts about where to find some counseling:
*Mountian Range University [wink] has a very nice psyche professor that would probably give you some free couch time and would definitely give you a good referral.

*I know that Greg out at Metro does some counseling - you could at least talk to him to find someone.

There should be some cheap or free counseling available. Don't give up on finding the help that you need.

Holy Father, bless my friend with your peace and your contentment. Send your Holy Spirit to drive away the hurt and confusion.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

greg rocks the free world... good call james. dr. june is also a brilliant recommendation. i'm also a HUGE fan of bob whiddon.

or, you could always call me and we could just hang out. i hear i'm good for the soul, too.

(p.s. i know i can't fix anything... but i was only half joking. sometimes girl time works wonders)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks all for your advice. It's hard to explain what I'm feeling without going completely into everything - and I tried not to say that I'm feeling awful and rotten all the time, because I'm not... just icky in the back of everything else. Becky - I don't have your phone number though I have searched all around for it. I would like to hang out with you sometime.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger rebecca marie said...

oh man, i'm so sorry, i don't know how long ago you said you don't have my number. i'm a stupid jerk face. email me, rebecca-marie@hotmail.com.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Amanda, I found you on someone's blog list, and I recognized your name cause you are one of the Northwesterners to go through AIM, and to Mexico City. I also did my AIM time with Billy and Belinda. Anyways, I know the the people mentioned previously are great, so you should check them out. What has always got me through hard times and to understand things about myself is time spent in the word with an older, more mature christian woman. And it takes time, so be patient and use the resources God gives us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home